Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Starr Pass Hike


I hiked Starr Pass today, Tuesday, February 16, 2016 (Day 44)

I have hiked this area before but there are many cross trails that can make it a different hike each time.


The trails are not marked so it is easy to make a wrong turn or backtrack.  This is where my AllTrails app comes in.  If the intersecting trails are in the app then you just look at the app to know where you may want to go.  If the trail is not on the app you at least know which way to go as it relates to your track that you should be recording. 


That's Starr Pass up ahead.


This is at the top of the pass looking west to the other side where there is the corresponding trailhead.


Looking back at the variety of cacti.


This lonely flower is between a rock and a hard place (another rock)

Last year I saw a group of dear.  This year I saw one deer. Come early as they are out while it's still cool.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment