Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Unclaimed Baggage 2019 Visit



Stevenson, AL where the SE GTG is held is about 25 miles north of Scottsboro, AL and the Unclaimed Baggage store.  What better day to go thannin a rainy weekday.  Jane and I went as we did last year as we plan a Walmart visit before heading back to the gathering.

We were suprised by how full the parking lot was.



I bought 8 lithium charging blocks.  4 were $.99 each 3 were $.49 each, and one was new and $6.98.  All prices are dated and the price goes down over time.



This is one of the $.99 chargers



You can see the date and price.  

I have since moved on from Alabama and still writing about my travels.  I often give these charging blocks away to those in need.

I was in Washington DC in a Smithsonian and there was a man who was in dire need of charging his phone and the woman who works there discouraged him from plugging in as security comes around and takes them.

I heard of his problem and I was carrying a different $.99 lithium block, and I gave it to him.  He was overwhelmed by my gesture and I told him to pass the gesture along and look to do something good to someone else.



My hiking stock is so long it doesn’t fit in my backpack, so I found this new one for under $8.00.  Now I have a shorter stick to hike with.



If you are in the area, see what you may find that is a bargain.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment