Monday, April 29, 2019

Etowah Disc Golf / Visit With Cousin

As in past years, I take leave of the SE GTG in Alabama for a couple days to visit my cousin in Georgia.



Above is the sunset at the SE GTG looking across the Tennessee River.  Tranquil now after the recent storms and tornado warnings.

I enjoy my drive I take over the mountains on the border of Alabama and Georgia.  It takes me on back roads and through small towns.  It takes 2 hours to get to my cousin’s and I loose an hour crossing the time zone.



A surprise while playing at Etowah Disc Golf course.

I like the course, with special interest on holes 9, 10, & 11 as they are high in the woods with long throws through the trees.

I was the only one on the course and as I reached the 13th tee a car pulled up and I met Sam Barfield, who asked me how I like the course.  

I recited my desire to play the course each year when visiting my cousin, as I enjoy it so much.

He then introduced himself and gave me the card above.  He explained he designed the course and still comes and checks on it from time to time, like today.

That was a first for me to meet a course designer.  I think he was shocked that a guy from Massachusetts would seek out the course to play.

He asked if I participate in tournaments.  I explained that I just enjoy the game and don’t compete other than with myself. 



I had a great game with the wonderful putt above.  The disc in the foreground is where my 2nd throw landed on a par 3.  I took another disc and made the putt.

It was a great game today.



My cousin has a Jeep and just loves to drive it.  Over time she has been doing some upgrades.  This year she replaced the headlights with halo lights.  A halo light puts a LED ring around the headlight.  Her ring color is red.



Above is an example of the halo headlight replacement from Amazon.

I had a wonderful time visiting my cousin and family.  She is a proud grandmother this year and I enjoyed the time shared with them.

Time to head back to SE GTG and more Disc Golf Friendship and Family time.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment