Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Arkansas to Missouri to Illinois




After my day in Fort Smith Arkansas I found a Army Corp of Engineers (ACE) campground nearby.

ARC camping is cost effective with my senior National Parks Pass as I get 50% off the cost to stay.  Usually paying $10 per night.



I enjoy ACE campgrounds.



Above here I am Piedmont Park, the next ARC campground in southern MO next to Mark Twain National Forest.



As I headed north from Southern MO towards Hannibal, MO I stopped to play disc golf in Rolla, MO with a beautiful Lions Club Park.  

It was good to throw discs again as the Bluff area of Utah doesn’t have any places to play.



Here I am at my secondary spot south of Hannibal overlooking the Mississippi River.  Down lower I have camped before but the last few years the River has been in flood stage as I come through.

I stayed 2 nights.



In Hannibal I got to play disc golf again between spring showers.



This picture of the Mississippi to my right is about ready to crest over the road.  The barricades are off the side of the road and ready to be put up.  One train track is partly under water to my right.



Here is the flooring map and showers adding to the runoff.



I needed to get my Tacoma serviced so I went across Mississippi to Quincy, Illinois to the dealer there.  I would have gone back to MO for the throes night but decided to comp myself a night in a motel and see the town of Quincy.  Here is a museum I chose to check out.

It’s all about the history of Quincy and it’s a beautifully restored house.



My night in 2nd floor of Comfort Suites looking at my Camper.  I had points to pay for the night from itravel I do other times of the year.




In the morning I drove to my aunt’s, as I do each year, in Mc Henry, IL.  I met a woman on my travels this year that was from McHenry.

I’ll spend 2 nights with her.  We will talk and catch up on family, go out to eat, drive to Wisconsin a few miles up IL31 and buy my oldest son in MD a case of Spotted Cow.

It was great to see here and this year it wasn’t in the teens at night.  I’ll take 40’s anyway at night after last year.

On yo the SE GTG next.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment