Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mountain Cove Farms - Disc Golf


From the SE GTG I went over the river and through the Alabama Hills to the east into the Mountains of Western Georgia to play Disc Golf at Mountain Cove Farms Resort.

This was a solo adventure to a beautiful spot in what I see is a hidden valley of the Northwest Georgia Mountains.

This is a pay to play of $5.00 that you pay at the very small general store at the bottom of the hill.

The starting point for disc golf is in the far corner of the campground at the top of the hill.  

There were no campers and the disc golf sign-in book says I’m the only one playing so far today.




This is a long 7000 foot course.through woods and fields.  The grass was high so they didn’t charge me to play today.  They told me it would be mowed in two days.  The first hole where the grass was long hid my disc a couple of time and it took me time to find it.



After reading about rattlesnakes and copperheads living here I took my hiking stick to thrash around with to search for me discs in the grass.



It is a beautiful course with nature trees and fields.



Spring in Georgia provided me with nice weather and trees in bloom.



There are some long drives.  The 15th being 600 feet.



Off in the distance is my truck/camper by the information board.



It is a great spot with houses up on the ridge beyond these trees.  To get there the triad coming in is steep with switchbacks.

You can see it was a wonderful day and a wonderful place to play Disc Golf.

If your in the area check it out, the view is worth the drive.

Brent

macaloney @hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment