Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Kekionga Park Disc Golf, Decatur, IN


On Wednesday, 4/20/16 (Day 108) I was on my way east passing through rural Indianna and it was time for a break along my way on US Highways.

It was mid afternoon and I was coming into Decatur, IN and saw they had a park in town along a river with a 9 hole disc golf course calling me to get out of my Prius and get some exercise.

I use this course as an example.  It's in a park and although it is a generally open course with few challenges, it provided 45 minutes of needed exercise outside the car.

I often play two discs per hole in these 9 hole courses and get twice the exercise.  I also use the open course to experiment with new discs and practice my backhand and forehand with each disc.

When traveling across the country I just pick a course from my disc golf app and enjoy my game.  Although today didn't have anyone else in the course, I do get to meet people from time to time to enjoy someone else's company and learn about life in the local area.

The best part is that it is free.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment