Thursday, April 21, 2016

GTG to McHenry, IL

In the next few blog posts I will catch you up on my travels as my most recent posts are a bit dated, having busted many places I wanted to write about and post.

I left the GTG on Saturday, 4/16/16 - (Day 104) having stayed with one other vandweller an extra night after the others moved on to another site in TN.

I was headed to McHenry, IL for a couple days to visit my aunt, who I have visited each year of my travels.

I broke the trip up by taking back roads through much of TN and all of KY.

I stopped to play disc golf in KY and decided to stay a night in a hotel in Evansville, IN, using my hotel points.

I got a suite for 8K points and I also went downtown Evansville and found a nice German restaurant and went out to eat.  On very long days of travel I may stop and eat out. I also do this more on my way home.


The next day, Sunday, 4/17/16 (Day 105)

I drove the rest of the way to McHenry and stayed Sunday, Monday (Day 106), and Tuesday (Day 107) nights.

We only see each other once a year during my return trip home so there was lots of catching up to do.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment