Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Day 71 3/14/17 - Winslow To Flagstaff To Page


After checking out the vandweller mother's property, I landed at this campground in Winslow, AZ

Beautiful place! Not crowded this time of year also.


I'm making my way through Winslow to the McDonalds off I40 before my morning ride to the Toyota Dealer in Flagstaff to get my 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation. 


As I am accustomed to find, the dealer service department took me right away.  This dealer is also in Henderson, NV and I went to them the same time last year.


I get high speed Internet and some time to watch TV.  What was on? The big March snowstorm that was covering my lawn at home.  Yea, I'm glad I'm here in the low 70's today.


All the snow that fell here a couple weeks ago in the City of Flagstaff is gone, but the mountain still sports snow.


After driving a couple of hours north from Flagstaff, I'm about to climb the plateau in front of me that will bring me to Page, AZ.


My first night in Page overlooking Lake Powell.


My hiker friend shared some pesto a few days ago and I had some leftover pasta, so I found this small jar of red pesto at Walmart and mixed it in.  Then I took some shrimp I cooked the other day and there you go, dinner with a view of the lake.


Sitting in the back of my Prius on the hill overlooking the lake below.  How nice.

I'm going to attempt to win The Wave Lottery tomorrow.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com



3 comments:

  1. Why did you not get a corner with the famous statue standing on the corner in Winslow, AZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brent,

      It's a bit touristy. People waiting to have their picture taken.

      Dad

      Delete
  2. Hello there, I found your website by way of Google at the same time as
    looking for a related subject, your site got here up, it looks great.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply became alert to your blog thru Google, and found that
    it's truly informative. I am going to watch out
    for brussels. I will appreciate in the event you proceed this in future.
    Numerous folks can be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete