Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 58 3/1/17 - Pena Blanca Lake Hike


This hike, just northwest of Nogales, AZ, was a leisurely, with lots of stops to look at waterfowl and enjoy the beautiful weather today.

I did load my backpack with the dehydrated food for the backcountry hike, although not too heavy it is bulky.

The good news was that the changes I made, although making my backpack a bit heavier, the pack carried the weight very well and it felt comfortable.


Now to a wonderful place for a hike.  The land is US Forest Service land that offers many outdoor activities like hiking, boating, fishing, and swimming.


The lake is under 100 acres and does offer the ability to hike completely around although I only went part way.


There are many inlets around the edge of the lake offering places to stop and birdwatch, and enjoy the scenery.


For all the hikes I've done it's different to have a lake out here to hike with a backdrop.

I'm often asked why I base a good part of time in the Tucson area.  My reply is that Tucson and the surrounding area so many wonderful hikes of all skill level.

If you get a chance to visit Tucson bring your hiking boots.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment