Friday, January 18, 2019

Laundry Day - Don’t Go On Rainy Day



I arrived at 6:30 AM at the laundromat in Quartzsite to do 2 loads of laundry..  I quickly met a guy who told me that yesterday the laundromat was very crowded in the rain.

It rained for 24 hours from Monday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon, leaving the ground soft and water running in the washes.

I didn’t want to drive the muddy roads to town from the RTR during the rain so I came in on Wednesday.



$4.50 for a large front loader that handles 2 loads. It was a $1.00 each for the two boxes of powered laundry soap.



I then split the cotton sheets and towels into one dryer at hot setting and the rest gets medium heat.  At $.25 per 6.6 minutes it took a couple dollars to finish drying.

An hour and 15 minutes later I’m out of the laundromat and on to McDonald’s for a unsweetened Iced Tea.

This laundromat has $8.00 showers for a max of 20 minutes.  You could load the washer and get washed while the clothes gets washed.

It’s key to go early to do your laundry with so many people in this town this time of year.  By the time I was leaving it was getting crowded.

Disc Golf later this AM.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment