Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 2 1/4/17 - Virginia to Mississippi


After settling to bed last night about 9:00 pm at the rest area, I was up at 3:00 am and on my way south on I81.


It was a great weather day with temperatures starting off in the mid 40's and going into the mid 50's before the secondary cold front pushed through.

My total drive distance for the two days is about 1400 miles.  550 miles yesterday and 850 miles today.


In comparison above was yesterday's drive in the rain.


For lunch I made Raman Noodles in my 12v rice cooker.  I didn't follow the directions of boiling water and then including the contents. I chose to warm the water and then include the contents when the water was hot to touch and let it stay plugged in for 10 minutes and it was ready to eat.  The pot is small so I can eat right out of it.

Tomorrow I will drive through a good part of Texas.  This will put me in Tucson Friday.  If this timing works out I will miss winter weather the rest of the way to AZ.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

1 comment: