Sunday, January 25, 2015

Every Square Inch - REI High Tech Chair Review

Living in/out of a Prius every square inch is important.  I can't emphasize enough every square inch!  

I spent a lot of time to select the right sized items as well as plan and engineer my trip, but it's not until you hit the road that moving things around gets old.  

When planning the trip I purchased ahigh tech folding chair to get the size down from the small folding chair I already had.

I selected REI's FlexLite chair for performance & cost over another.  At $70 it wasn't cheap but it works well within space constraints.

You can see it is about 1/4 the size of what I had. The one I had that was small compared to the standard folding chair.


Light weight and rolls up small.


You can get a good idea of how small by my hand.


I am already thinking of getting a corrugated box and put things in it to ship home to free up space.

My chair will not be one of them.

It is comfortable and are somewhat self leveling.  It requires you to sit and equally distribute your weight on the legs to have it feel solid.  This was intuitive and didn't require any special adjustment.

It is also stable when resting your legs/feet on a object. The legs are relatively short but this helps to keep your center of gravity low for stability.

It would make a great concert chair as it is so small and light that it fits in most smaller backpacks.

Yes every square inch counts in small spaces.  In the Class B campervan last year I did not have to worry about this.

Brent
mocaloney@hotmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment