Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 14 - Another Day at Hog Pen Landing / Disc Golf / Group Dinner

Tonight's Camp Fire


I woke this am as usual before daybreak and it was cold in the car and I checked the outside temperature and it was 36 and fog from the lake.

After some breakfast I headed out to McDonalds for some high speed internet, podcasts, app updates, and managing my college course.  I love the high speed and iced tea.

The preacher was there again in the same corner as yesterday preaching,  I will call him the "Micky D Preacher".



I had a couple of ideas of some things to do and decided to head west to Live Oak, FL to their 9 hole disc golf course.  This has to be the best maintained, well layed out course I have ever played.  Although small each hole had two tee boxes (red & white) and two baskets (red & white).  The two different colors are for different skill level wit red being the hardest.  They had 2 open field holes and the rest wooded. 


As fort game I only had 3 pars and the rest one or two over.  I hit a number of trees on my drives.

On the way back to Lake City I stopped at Walmart and bought carrots, celery, red wine and some bread for a group dinner that woman here was going to make.

Before I got back to the csmpground I could see a large cloud of smoke north of where I am.  It is a fire that must be large.


Driving to the camp I could also see it off int he distance.  Looks like about 10 miles away.


This is National Forest Land so I don't know if it is s control burn or not.

It had warmed today to 66 so it was now time to wash up as I could do this by warming water with my stove at the picnic table.  It's way to cold in the am.  I have done it Inge car but if I don't have to  I would rather not.  


These flowers are in bloom at my campsite.

Another woman came to the group in her mini Class C campervan.  It is on a Toyota chassis and is smaller than many class c units.  We now have 3 vans, 1 trailer, 1 class A, 1 Car (me).

That is one person per vehicle. 3 woman and 3 men.  

The woman doing the cooking is German and asked me to help her cook the venison for the stew donated by one of the vandwellers.  She made a German dish spatzle which is a noodle but different that egg noodles we are used to. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpƤtzle

I cooked the meat and added the veggies that she cut and it was done and we all ate together.  It was nice.

Lastly, our camp fire. But was warmer tonight so it felt nicer.

Yesterday I planned my next stop.  Saturday I travel to the Atlanta area as I did last year to visit family there. The good news is that it isn't like last year when I haft o plant he visit between two severe ice stoa that Atlanta had.

Brent
macaloney@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment