Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 12 - Lunch, Next Leg, Movie


My home while in Leesburg.  My Prius to the right and to the Left my Aunt's car and far left her mobile home.  To the far right are the neighbors.  I am about 5 feet away from the side with their bedroom.

I am lucky to have the Prius this year as the doors close so quietly.  I just need to lean on them to latch.  Last year with my Class B campervan I had to close the doors much harder.  Last year the neighbors were not home during my stay so that was ok.

I did small things this am like laundry and my aunt took mom and I to lunch at Prrkins.  We had excellent service from waitress.  

After lunch Mom and Aunt went to Bingo in a nearby town.  I had seen the moisture build up in the wash room this am. Seeing the problem a quick look behind the dryer confirmed my thought that the dryer vent had disengaged from the exhaust port.


My aunt had already said she didn't want me to do anything else as she feels she had asked me too many times to fix things since I got here.  But, I could never see aunt at 90 and my mother at 88 fixing it.  There are a lot of elderly woman who's husbands have died before them.  If I stay here too long I may get farmed out. 

It was a trip back to Ace Hardware for stainless screws, caulking, and a new changeable head screwdriver for my aunts tool drawer.  My contribution to the next guy that may need to find a tool that actually works.

Luckily the vent was only disconnected since it was never installed with all the screws.  New screws and caulking on the outside and it was fixed.


On the outside it needed 2 screws and caulking and it was done.


I will tell my aunt what I did as I leave on the next segment of my trip tomorrow.

I took some time to reorganize some things in the car under the fold-down bed.

Here is the space.


It now contains my cook set, cooking tools, cooking supplies an a few other things.  This way when I get one I get all cooking items at once and it is a better utilization of space.  I use medium size soft-sided tool bags from Harbor Freight to keep items as they are better than plastic bins since the can confirm better to the space I have.

After that I went out to Win Dixie for groceries for the next few days.

Since I had a big lunch I only snacked for dinner and with my aunt and mother being out to 10:00 pm at bingo I decided to go to the movies and see American Sniper.  This is a good movie but I don't feel it is for everyone.  There is a lot of graphic warfare and emotional scenes.  Veterans suffering with PTSD may find it difficult as well as family of veterans.  Yes well done and a good movie but it was a bit stressful at times.

As I noted above I move on to a new place in northern Florida to meet up with other Vandwellsers that are in some Federal land in a minimal camping environment like what I stayed in in Southern Florida.  I have never met these people so it will be a new experience.  They move from one free or very low cost camping area to another.  They call it Roving RTR.

More on that tomorrow.

Sunset at the mobile home park.



Brent
macaloney@hotmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment