Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 7 - Daytona Disc Golf, Visit with Cousins, More Plumbing

My second night in the Prius was better than the first.  I think the trailer on the other side of me from my aunt figured out I am sleeping in it.  The woman is up early and says hi to me each am before sunrise.

I worked a bit on organization of the Prius and will do the same this weekend to make things easier to live in.  It will be different when I live in it this weekend.  

was up at 5:00 this morning and on the road to Daytona for 7:00.  I snapped this sunrise on the way down US27 towards Orlando.


I had looked up a Disc Golf Course in Daytona so I could go there before meeting a couple sisters who are cousins that I have never met before that live in Nee Smyrna Beach, one town south of Daytona.


Today I played 18 holes.  Yesterday was only a 9 hole course.

When I play by myself although I try to improve I also try different throwing techniques.  Today I also tried a putter I have not used much and I figure I must have improved as it works so much better than when I first got it from son Brent when I first started playing. 


After Disc Golf I drive down the ocean side of Daytona Beach then on to visit Januce and Joan.
 
We have the same Greatgrandparents.  Their grandfather was Frank and mine was William and they were brothers. We are also related on the grandmother side as their grandmother was Annie and mine was Marion and they were sisters.  Yes two brothers married two sisters.

I want to explain this next piece correctly.  Our great grandfather William Martin MacAloney (Frank & William's dad) was widowed and our great grandmother Cora Parmenter (Annie & Marion's mother) was widowed too. So they married.  The boys father married the girl's mother.  I would say we were related with all this going on!

We had a wonderful afternoon looking at Their mom's photos and together we were able to figure out 90% of their names.

Here is a photo of our Great Grandmother Cora MacAloney (Parmenter) receiving the Gold Star Mother's award for Arthur MacAloney being killed in WW2.  She is in the dark cape.


I drive the 1.5 Hour drive back to Leesburg and I was told of a leak in the kitchen sink, dripping faucet in bathroom, and a dual light switch that was intermittent.  It was a trip to Lowes and came back with new parts and installed the Kitchen sink.  I will do the rest before I leave after the weekend to South Florida.

It was a wonderful day at 75 degrees with plenty of sun. The last two days have been shorts & tee shirt & sandals weather.  Got to love it.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. electric hot water heater

    ReplyDelete