Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 8 - Leesburg to West Palm Beach

I had a great night sleep other than being woken by a mesquteoe at 2:30 am.  It was a quick kill and back to sleep.  

I didn't put the screen panels in the rear windows yet as I should take them out to drive for better visibility when driving and being at the trailer park it wasn't necessary. When I woke from the mesquteoe I closed the windows as the temperature had dropped and didn't need them open.

I had breakfast with the Schepens Sisters (Mom & Aunt) before hitting the road.

After a stop at McDonalds for podcast downloads for the 2.5 hour trip to West Palm Beach, I was on my way.  

A boring ride through the middle of Florida.  


It warmed up to 80 degrees for the ride.

I arrived at cousin Joan's place in West Palm Beach for 1:00 pm.  This was another good day catching up with her having last seen her a year ago after being diagnosed with nonhodgkins lymphoma & going through chemo while I was on my trip.  She is currently in remission and doing well.

After a lot of family talk we made our way to Duffy's for dinner.  Then it was back to her place for the evening.  

I will be on my first boondocking night of my trip as I will be staying in my Prius in the parking lot of my cousin's complex.  

It should be fine as it is a gated housing area, provided the security that comes around doesn't see me.   I don't think they will as I am already made up for the night and the Prius just looks dark in the back where I sleep when passing by.

Boondocking means that I will try not to be noticed so I will need to wash up & dress in the back of the Prius.  I've done the dressing but haven't washed up yet.

Brent
macaloney@hotmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment