Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 11 - Back to Leesburg / Lunch at The Villages / Plumbing Work


I was up at 5:00 am at the DuPuis Campground and on the road to Leesburg before 6:00.  

My drive took me through the town of Okeechobee and the high school students were being picked up and dropped off at school before 6:30.  It was still very dark.  A rinder how much farther west we are here vs Massachusetts.

It was a 3 hour drive to Leesburg via the Florida Turnpike.  A half hour stop at McDonalds to download new podcasts as I hadent downloaded for two days.

I arrived back in time to take a shower before heading out to lunch at some friends of My mother and aunt.

Here is what the houses look like in the village the friends live in.


Our lunch was very nice and the host's son and grandson also came.  The son is s piper and was dressed in his kilt/uniform and played for us.  He plays at about 170 events per year and is from Indianapolis, IN and plays at the Indianapolis Colts games.  It was very nice and they did this for mom's birthday and we had cake.

After lunch it was time to come back to the park and I decided to take a walk needing some exercise.  I walked down to the park's marina.


There are many slips on a canal for the mobile home park residents.  The canal leads to the lakes in the area.

Then it was time to finish up on the list of things that my aunt wanted done.

First was to change the double switch in the bathroom.  Then to change the bathroom faucets.  The faucets went well it was the plastic supply tubes that caused problems when one broke below the shutoff causing me to run outside and shut off the water main.

I was off to Ace Hardware where I was assisted by a woman about 30 years old who looked at my need to transition from plastic pipe to a threaded shutoff valve to a supply tube.  I came back and it worked great.  Then although I didn't break the other side the supply tube would not seat correctly and it was back to Ace Hardware and to the woman who provided excellent service 20 minutes ago for another set of parts to do the other side.  



I was finally done and it was time to make some dinner and after work on grading the coursework of my students taking the online course that I am teaching while on the road.

Finally a bit of TV with my mom and aunt befor heading out to the Prius for my 7th night sleeping in the Prius Campervan.

Brent
macaloney@hotmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment