Monday, February 11, 2019

Bobcat Ridge - Hike



Bobcat Ridge is just to the north of Starr Pass where I have hiked many times.  This area is beautiful, close to Tucson, and lots of trails.  I parked on the east side of town call Drexel Heights.  This is a nice neighborhood with plenty of foot and mountain bike traffic.



This is my first time of hiking Bobcat Ridge and it didn’t disappoint.  With a hike of some elevation and length it gets the morning juices going.



In the distance that hill is the first of a few mountain tips that the ridge trail transgresses.


The hike started off to the left of the white mobile homes.  It’s relatively flat for a bit and then you start to climb.



I couldn’t be more pleased with this hike as the ridge climb provides vistas in two directions.



Add to the views the wonderful cactus to help make the photos more interesting.



This picture looks like a cactus garden.



Although a bit cloudy the weather was great.



In this area the rocks change color as you move across the ridge giving even more color to add to the photos.



Saguaros are always a favorite for taking photos.



About half way across the ridge I took a side trail that lead to a vista overlook.  It was the kind of place you could sit for hours looking across to adjacent peaks and down to the valley floor to see other hikers and bikers sharing the trails.



In the distance on the saddle between the peaks there is a trail that I would like to add to my list of future hikes.


I could go on and on raving about this hike.  Hands down the most beautiful fun hike in Tucson this year.  My time in Tucson is growing short and I will be heading to do some other things for the rest of February.  Then I head to Utah and the beautiful trails there.

If you could do only one trail in Tucson, I’d think you couldn’t do better picking Bobcat Ridge for your hike.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment