Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Mountain Hike - Tucson



A Mountain is located near downtown Tucson and it is named for the giant A on the mountain.  The A stands for the University of Arizona.



From the parking lot near the gates where I parked the hike up and down is on a road, with additional trail at the top of the mountain at the peak.



This is the first time I have hiked A Mountain, and I did it today after playing 18 at the Disc Golf course nearby.



Above on the saguaro is a bird of pray that I am not sure what it is.  It had a great perch to look for the next meal.



I don’t know why, but many of the saguaros on this mountain are deformed.



These twin saguaros have similar deformities.



Here is the A for A Mountain.



Above is the inscription on the plaque explaining the mountain.



This is how close you are to downtown Tucson and that is I10 just this side of the tall buildings.

Although not a major hike, it was good for a bit of exercise.

If your passing through Tucson this hike is just off I10 and if you don’t have the time to hike the drive to look at the area fromthe top is worth it.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment