Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 84 - Part 5 - A night with the Gods

I'm 

This is my last installment for Day 84.

As Part 4 indicated I needed to find a place to camp.  There were a couple campgrounds at Monument Valley but I was not impressed from a distance.

So I pulled up my AllStays App I use and saw a ways over the border into Utah (Monument Valley is on the border) was BLM land with dispersed camping. So, I headed there.


I got off the highway and had to cross a wash.  I took a chance with my Prius as it looked like rock under it and it was.


What a surprise to find it was the Valley of the Gods.


The dirt road I was on is a through road that takes you through the valley.  The camping instructions were find a place off the road.  This looked good.


So, I made it my spot.  I was in about 3/4 mile from the highway and can you believe the beautiful view for the night at no cost.


At dusk I didn't see anyone until morning and as I was driving back to to the highway, there was a Class C camper off the road about 1/2 way to me from the road.

Being self contained I can just park and make home anywhere.  This night with the "Gods".

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment