Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 21 - El Paso, TX to Tucson, AZ / 4000 miles


Welcome to El Paso, TX and Juarez, Mexico on the other side of the Rio Geand River.

It was 37 deg this am and I was up at 4:00 in the Mountain Timezone having my body stuck in the eastern Timezone.

I decided to wait for daylight to drove the Rim Road.  I took the picture above from there.


There are very nice houses up here on the mountainside.


I took a tour of the Magoffin Home State Historic Site this morning before leaving El Paso.  This built in the late 1880's and is one of the original ranch homes with lots of history.


Welcome to New Mexico.  Based in the time of day I will not be stopping before getting to Tucson.  I had thought of playing disc golf in Las Cruses at the college but ran out of time.


CSX's train runs along the side of I10.


Welcome to Arazona!


Ok folks back in MA 77 deg and A/C is on.


I had the best Prius trip ever.  Can you believe I got 65.3 mpg for the 339 mile trip from El Paso to Tucson.  Got yo love long flat roads.


I have driven 4667 miles on this trip so far and with the good Milage on today's travel my overall mpg is now 50.1!

Now that is 5 times better gas Milage than my Class B camper last year.

I arrived in Tucson and met up with one of my friends I hung out with last year. Bit was nice to see him and hear is has been well.  I also met a new Vandweller, who started vandwelling last December.  

Tomorrow am I am going to see about an oil change.

Brent
macaloney@hotmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment