Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 1

My pre-trip reservations about driving a 20 year old camper van across country subsided slowly over the first days 430 mile trip to MD.  The weather was great and the vehicle ran so well that I soon didn't think about it.  I couldn't ask for more.  Our evening arrival brought us dinner with son Brent & family followed by going out for frozen yogurt.  

Then it was time for my first night in the camper.  I plugged in and ran the heater in the HVAC on the roof.  It started off at 67 deg and by morning it was 60 inside and mid 20's outside.  Completely acceptable for the trip.  The propane heater wasn't an option as I was parked on an incline and I haven't looked at using it yet.  I will save addressing this and other items for FL where it's warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment