Thursday, April 6, 2017

Day 94 4/5/17 - Hannibal, MO to McHenry, IL

Im headed to visit my aunt outside of Chicago,as I have done the last 4 years

At 5.5 hours of driving it is a light driving day compared to others this week.

My aunt lives in McHenry, IL, northwest of Chicago and just south of the WI border.

I have been coming here since the 1960's to the same house that my aunt still lives in, near the center of town.  The town has just kept growing over the years.

(Google search web photo)

Back in the 1960 I was fascinated by a milk carton dispensing machine, like the one above, at a gas station on the corner of the street she lives on.  There was nothing like that in the town where I grew up.

I was in my aunt's wedding in February 1958.  Her husband died many years ago, so she appreciates my visit.

I arrived late in the day today (Thursday) and we will do some things together on Friday and Saturday.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment