Tuesday, May 14, 2019

End of 2019 Travels - Home in MA



Hi Folks,

I’m home.  All things come to an end, and that is true of my 2019 travels.

It’s hard to believe I have traveled for the past 6 winters.  It’s hard to believe all the places I’ve been and things I’ve seen.  All the people I’ve met and friends I’ve made.

I’ve driven over 90,000 miles in these 6 years.  

My first year was with a Chevrolet G30 Coachman campervan.  I totally disliked driving it!  Then 3 years in my Prius.  That was so fun.  The past two years in my Tacoma with Four Wheel Camper (FWC).  The truck got me places neither of the other two vehicles could get me.

This year I put on only 13,400 miles.  I say only as this is the lowest of all my yearly travels.  This reduction from 15,000 miles last year is mostly because of weather not allowing usgto travel more into the middle of Utah and that Joanne was so gracious to allow us to explore with her in her Jeep, covering so many miles.

So, what’s my plan.  I want to:

- Post about things I brought and used and didn’t use
- What worked well and what didn’t 
- What the difference is between my three travel vehicles
- What day to day life was like living in the FWC
- Review things I designed
- Discuss things I want to change.
- Yes, cover things I didn’t like - including how weather impacted the travels

Plans for next year?

I make it a policy not to say what I’ll do next year until I’m home.  I want to fully absorb the trip and decide what is next for me.  I figure one day I may be traveling in a van and I’ll come home to buying a van and doing a van build.

Well, I’m home and it’s my plan to travel again next year in my Tacoma/FWC.  I am not done checking out Southern Utah.  I just hope the weather is better next year. To let me go to higher elevations and further north.

My blog postings will be switching from regular intervals, as they are when on travels, to random, based on me pulling information together.  Summer is when I switch to focusing on maintaining the house.  Fall I start dreaming of my 2020 Travels again.

Many thanks to those that follow the blog.  Statistics show that my Prius Travel blog posts garnish the most interest by page views.  I will also review statistics so you can see which posts are the most popular of the over 170,000 page views I’ve had in 6 years.

Since blogspot may or may not allow me to answer posts please feel free to write me directly to my email address below.

I am grateful for my friends I travel with from time to time, and their wonderful company.  Of course I’m thankful to a few friends that inspire and positively challenge me.  

If you ever thought about solo travel, the first to remember is you have to be good with self first.  You can’t rely on others for happiness.  For me happiness comes in small ways.  Simple things.  

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it home safely, Brent. Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete