Friday, May 31, 2019

Yeti 64oz. Insulated Container



It is time to switch from what didn’t work or I didn’t use to talk about something that did work and was worth the space to carry.

I was given the YETI Rambler 64oz Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle with Cap as a gift for this year’s travels.

I had toyed with Nalgene water bottles in the past for making my cold tea.  I am an ice tea drinker now that I moved away from Diet Coke many years ago.  The 700ml Nalgene bottles do work but I drink so much cold tea that I was always making more tea.  Although I normally drink iced tea year round, on the road I’m good with cool tea.  During my 4 months on Travels it is generally cold to cool at night so the tea I make does not need refrigeration.



Before I left for my travels this year I did buy a neoprene sleeve for my YETI. I figured it would help regulate the temperature better. It was worth the purchase/addition to the YETI.  There are also other benefits to the sleeve in that it’s easier to grip the wide container, even with my large hands.  It’s also non slip and has a sling strap for ease of carrying.

I buy herbal tea in bulk to carry for my 4 months of travel.  I will discuss my tea in a separate blog post.  I also buy new cloth tea bags to put the herbal tea in.  The tea bags will also be a subject of a separate blog post.

I drink about 64oz. of the cold tea each day.  That means I’m making tea every day, well every night.  

The tea bag with herbal tea goes in the YETI each night and in the morning I take the tea bag out and I have my tea for the day.  I can fully wash up, including my hair on 32oz.  That means that planning my water consumption it is 1 gallon, with one quart for cooking.

The YETI was a success for making my herbal tea.

I have a 24 hour Thermos that maintains temperature better than the YETI, but the YETI does exactly what I want it to do.  I can even toss in ice when I have some through the wide mouth opening.

It was an excellent gift to receive and will travel with me next year.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment