Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Ordering And Getting Deliveries On The Road



Getting items delivered from Amazon on the road is easier with “Amazon Locker”.  Above is a QT gas station here in Tucson where I had my Amazon orders delivered.

Getting Amazon orders delivered couldn’t be easier here in Tucson, now that they have Amazon lockers.

When placing my orders I selected other for a shipping address and Amazon Locker locations in the area come up.  I selected the location above for my deliveries.




When amazon delivers my order to the locker I get an email like the one above to pick up my order.





I place my phone with this barcode from the email notification showing, under the scanner on the locker, and it reads it and the door opens exposing your package.  This is a 24 hour service.

You take your package and close the door and your done.  There is no extra cost for this service.

In other small locations like in Quartzsite, I use Quiet Times, as I did last year with some success and one order that wouldn’t be delivered.  There is a small fee for this service.  The difficulty in shipping to a place like Quiet Times is that you do not know if it is shipped to the postal service or UPS driver.  UPS delivers to the door and you can pick up your item that afternoon.  If shipped through the post office it takes at least one extra day to get your order.  This is because of the backup at the post office due to the number of packages and mail that comes through that office with all the people in town.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This only works for amazon or fulfilled by amazon items. Items sold by third party vendors through amazon are not eligible for locker pickup. Bummer

    ReplyDelete