Thursday, April 14, 2022

Hail In Southern Texas

Warnings were up for severe weather from Dallas TX south to the Gulf Coast.  I felt I was safe being in south Texas, and west of the warning area.

Overnight proved that although my risk of severe weather going to bed was not an issue, overnight a rogue storm formed in Mexico and passed over where I was camped.



The storm popped up so there was little time for the weather service to react to the fact that this cell in the picture above had turned severe.

I had lots of vivid lightening and heavy rain with some hail.  I think I lucked out in that the storm mostly skirted where I was.

I recommend that all Vandwellers have a NOAA weather radio and a good radar app for tracking storms.  



Above are my weather apps I use.  

I also like Weatherstreet’s web page giving me a long look ahead to what may be coming my way


Here is the web address for the above 

Stay safe - it’s spring and I’ve already had hail twice on my travels home this year.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment