Thursday, April 7, 2022

Indian Bread Rocks Campground Bowie, AZ

Indian Bread Rocks Campground is not far off of I10 in Bowie, AZ.  It makes for a great spot to visit a number of locations in the area including Chiricahua National Monument.  I haven been hear since my early days of my Prius travels.

Chiricahua has limited camping and the disbursed camping outside the park are a distance away and have less sun for solar.


IBR has changed in that the road beyond the sign above is now wider and more level.  When I first came the hump on the sandy road was high and I had to put one set of my Prius wheels on the hump as I would have hung the Prius up in the middle bump.

Although I don’t have my Prius in this trip smaller car dwellers can easily drive the road to access nice site further in.



If it is your first time plan to take a walk and see some of the rock formations there.



It’s a good way to get some exercise and if you have children a good way for them to get some energy out.



This formation looks like a old shoe sitting on a rock.



From up on the side of the hill you can see the road leading further in that I mentioned above.  There are some small and sone larger sites to camp at.

If your in the area it’s a good overnight spot for most camping rigs.  

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment