Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Gulf Shores, AL - A Family Meetup

My oldest son and family had planed a spring vacation at Gulf Shores, AL and it was on my itinerary for sone time as it fit in before the Southeast GTG gathering.  Timing was perfect to head across the southern states this year and visit family before heading north to northern Alabama.

Photo - campground Msp 

The question was where was I going to stay while in Gulf Shores.  There were options for free overnight stays in the area but I didn’t have time to risk showing up and not finding a place close, so I chose the Gulf State Park.  It was $40 a night for 2 nights with the senior discount.  It turned out ok as one day the condo pool where son and family were staying was under construction and the tip currents on the gulf beaches were too bad so they came to the state park to visit and use the pool for $5 for a carload!  Such a deal 

Photo - stadium scoreboard 

My son loves baseball and keeps his family going.  We went to the baseball game in Pensacola where we had beautiful weather. 

Photo - mini golf - ball stuck

We played mini golf and here I am with my ball being stuck in the drain crack.  My granddaughters liked that I got hung up.


Photo - Lambert’s Cafe 

We went to eat at “World Famous” Lambert’s Cafe, where they toss or even throw large hot buns st you.  The Shane is in dropping yours.

Well I did get my bun stopped but it dropped in my lap and didn’t feel the shame from having it get yo the floor.  I also ate too much🙄


Photo - UDisc App screen shot of disc golf course layout

What would be a visit with my Son without playing Disc Golf.

What a fun time with the visit.  I will be seeing them again on my way up the east coast before I reach home.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment