Thursday, April 14, 2022

Port Aransas, TX - Beach Camping

My next stop going north on the Texas coast is Port Aransas, TX.



There is plenty of beach camping with others as seen through my FWC camper screen window.  I left Padre Island National Seashore for more entertainment by walking to town and people watching.

To camp here in permitted areas, you need to buy a pass (sticker) for $12 to park.  Read for free areas and watch the signs on the beach. 

DON’T believe others posts as the city has changed the rules over time.  Go to the city website for current information.  


DON’T even try to to park and go get your permit.  Get permit first.  Parking regulations are enforced and it’s a $500 fine so be forewarned.



I came on Friday AM to get a spot in 1-1.5 miles from downtown area.  This is good exercise and breaks up the day.  Permit allows for 3 nights in 3 week period, then you can come back as the sticker is good for the year.



We east facing beaches you get wonderful sun rises like this one with the woman flying the kite.



The first day was not too windy and I put up my home made designed awning.



Well I had some company until more day Timer’s and campers came.


The above screen capture is on the link below.
https://www.texasislandproperties.com/port-aransas-beaches

The map shows the beach markers are as these are used for reference if you are meeting up.  Open the webpage and zoom in to see what I mean.





This was a fun place to spend 3 nights, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.  Walk to get drinks at Stripes.  This is also the best place to get beach parking pass.  Walk to donut shop, grocery store, and most else you need while getting exercise off the beach.  During the weekend there are plenty of day trippers and plenty of people watching. 

I recommend this beach parking as a break from the more secluded places on the national seashore.  The sand beach road is hard packed and safe for even my Prius to come for a visit.

Well, you probably guessed another beach camping review is coming in my next blog post.

Enjoy your travels and be safe.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment