Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Padre Island National Seashore

In continuing my travels along the Texas coast I headed north to Padre Island National Seashore.  

I decided to camp in the Malaquite Campground.  It’s an easy walk to the beach and has water and bathrooms.  With my senior national park pass I get half off the normal camping rate,  thus making it very affordable.



There is a lot of beach here and with the winds and astronomical high tides down there is plenty of beach.


I plan on beach camping as I make my way around the gulf coast, but wanted to show the beach camping here.  If you have a national park pass it’s free to enter and camp.  If you don’t have the park pass it’s $10.00 to enter the park to access the free camping.

There are 2 free beach camping areas.  North and south of the Malaquite Campground where I camped.  The south camping goes for miles and miles, as seen with the picture above.  

For me, although beach camping is fun, I don’t have a long attention span to stay in this environment long.  I’m not a ocean fisher as many are who camp like this



There were wonderful morning sun rises as in the picture above.  



For exercise and entertainment hiking the beach was my thing.

Above I found this log with colorful barnacles on it.  This is not a wonderful shell beach but this find yielded a wonderful different photo to share.

The Padre Island National Seashore is nice but doesn’t capture my interest more than 2 days.  I paid for 3 nights at the campground and left early as I have more to explore along the coast.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment