Sunday, April 17, 2022

West Moring Dock Park, Bay City, TX

My next beach camping spot as I move north and now east along the gulf coast of Texas is West Moring Dock Park, Bay City, TX

I had hoped to pay disc golf on my way through Bay City, but with heavy rail the day before makes that course soggy if not down right west. 

This beach area is quiet with only locals visiting while I was there.  There is on the beach parking or parking lot.  The parking lot offers views of barges with tugs moving on the inland waterway. 


As noted in the picture above if you park in the parking lot there are some picnic tables in the park.  Sone are broken from weather but others are still usable.



This next picture is an example of the many barges pushed by tugs through the inland side of the beach island.



In order to get to the island is this massive circular ramp bridge to the island.  This bridge was not shown as completed on Google maps at the time of my travels.



Above Google map shows West Moring Dock Park and the orange exclamation point highlights the new bridge may not be open yet.  When driving the bridge Google gets confused. 



I stayed one night by choice and didn’t go back over the bridge to evaluate the community.  I was focused on new beaches further east on the Texas coast.  

This is a quiet place to stay with miles of beach to walk alone of you want to contemplate life.  Cars come and go all day and I didn’t hear anyone all night other than the passing tug boats.  

There is miles of beach to camp on but I recommend 4x4 for that.  The parking lot is fine for all vehicle types.

Well ir is onwards to the next beach.

Enjoy your travels,

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment