Monday, April 6, 2020

Milk From Powder



Way back when I first started stocking up groceries in preparation for pandemic isolation, I anticipated not being able to get milk or running out while secluded in the desert.

I bought dried milk, way back then.  Well, my anticipation of a problem came true in small town shopping in Utah.  I went to the store to buy supplies and there was no milk.  I came back to camp and made my first quart of milk, as seen in the picture above.

I used my graduated Nalgene bottle, filling it with water and added the milk powder.



After mixing the powered milk in the Nalgene bottle I transferred it to the repurposed quart milk bottle, that was now empty.  

I use milk primarily for my morning cereal and I was good for the next few days, and the taste was fine.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment