Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Shed Building Day 6

Yesterday (Sunday) we were done with the shed less the double doors.  I was to drove home Sunday but decided to stay to finish the roof and set Brent up with all the parts for the door.

I was going to drive home first thing this am, but decided I would leave by noon and surprise Brent by working on the doors for him.  He was planning together out of work early to work on the doors but I knew there wasn't enough time for him to finish today by himself.



Well,  I worked on the doors and got the frames hung.  Denise, who flew down Friday helped me and painted the frames and the panels that get screwed to the back of them. They are the painted gray textured plywood left over from cutting the door openings.

The doors have 3 hinges and I mortised them in the jam and doors that took extra time.

I sent this picture to Brent as we left to drive home.  He was happy and when he came home he put on the panels and door hardware so he can now lock it up and get rid of his old plastic storage shed.

We got back to Westminster at 10:00 tonight having to drive to Manchester Airport to drop off Denise to pick up her car that she left there Friday when she flew down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment