Tuesday, May 13, 2014

On The Road Again - Building a Shed



I am on the road traveling again until next week.  Last weekend was an overnight trip to Vermont to check and open the Camp for the season.  That trip is sbout 180 miles each way.  Today I drove to Maryland to son Brent, wife Manina & daughter Avery's house to work with him to build a 8'x8' shed.  It is 400 miles each way to his house and I am now driving my Tacoma pick up truck.

Today I arrived at 3:30 pm and after Brent's gourmet burger for dinner he was out to his brew club meeting and I got quality time with granddaughter Avery and daughter in-law Manina with a trip to the park.  Finally, reading 2 books before Avery's bedtime.

By now I am sure you can tell that I enjoy travel and driving.  In the am it will be a trip to the home center for our first trip fot supplies.  The first trip will be for the floor materials.  Later another trip for the wall material.  The day after tomorrow we should be picking up the roof and trim materials to finish the project.

This is the general plan but we will be making it with higher walls to allow for more storage.  We will also be using 16" on center vs 24" on center to strengthen the structure.

I will try to remember to take photos as we go to show the progress.

Rain is expected Friday so we will have to work hard on Wednesday & Thursday to allow for slack time Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment