Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Crystal Hill Another Visit

I’ve been to Crystal Hill last year and founds some crystals but mostly small or broken pieces.  Located at the northern portion of Kofa Wildlife Management Area, in AZ,  Crystal Hill offers rock hounding for crystals and Boondocking in a defunct camping area.  No amenities at all!



This year I decided to go back to Crystal Hill to do some more looking.  The above picture shows you what the land environment is like for the area.

Crystal Hill is an small hill that has warn paths where so many people have come before you and scars where people have chipped away looking for crystals.



I not bring rock hounding tools but I did bring gloves and decided to go through the debris that others had dug or chipped away.

I found crystals and pieces of crystals using this technique, with results shown in the picture above.  The picture shows my efforts To washing the dirt and dust off what I found.


My strategy paid off when I found this crystal cluster above in debris others had dug and pushed aside.  It’s small but it was fun to find.  

There are many things to do on the road and camping and looking for crystals was fun.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com




1 comment:

  1. When I went there pliers turned out the be my number 1 tool! I brushed up against a cactus and had to use the pliers to get a half a dozen out of my thigh.
    It was a pleasant place to camp and one heck of a view from the top. I did find some crystals too, nothing big and all singles unlike that really nice clump you found.

    ReplyDelete