Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Laundry Day - Not Going To Laundromat

Since we all have been asked to stay at home and perform social isolation, laundry still needs to be done!



I actually wash every few days for underwear socks and tee shirts.  I have a mid-weight long sleeve tee and a hoodie sweatshirt that I wear most days, as it’s cold in the morning and cool mid-day.  Today, I decided to wash my pillow cases and my long sleeve tee and hoodie.

All my clothing is wicking lightweight material except the pillow cases and sheet (sleeping bag liner).  I washed my hiking pants the other day and hung outside over night and they were dry at daybreak.  

Above you can see the color of the wash water.  Its brown like the earth here.  Like my hiking pants were when I washed them.

I use dawn liquid soap or camp suds (biodegradable soap) for sensitive areas.  The picture above is after washing the hoodie.



The back of the camper is the right height for the wash basin.  Oh that is the color of the first rinse of the hoodie.  I do two rinses to get the hoodie and other clothing clean.

Today I used close to 5 gallons of water to wash my laundry.  



Here you can see the color of the earth.  Socks, pants, and outer clothing all get that color of the ground in them, and luckily it comes out in the wash.

It was windy and dry today in the desert.  There is my hoodie flying in the breeze off the back of the four wheel camper (FWC).  On the side of the camper the rest of the items.  They were all dry in a couple hours in the wind and sun.

That is how laundry without social interaction occurs living in the desert.

Happy laundry day!

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment