Monday, March 23, 2020

Vandwelling And Cold Feet = Down Booties



A couple years ago I was reading my Vandwelling friend Roxy’s blog (https://www.google.com/amp/s/nomadfornature.wordpress.com/2018/04/20/how-i-stay-warm-in-my-small-van-without-using-heat/amp/ ) and she had down boots for when sitting in her van when it was cold.   It can be 15 or 20 degrees between the floor of my camper and ceiling and starting or running the heater during the day is a waste of fuel.

I immediately bought down booties for the same reason as Roxy.  Normally I’m in warm temperatures in AZ or southern CA and they are not needed.  Come March when I move up into Utah the nights are cold and days are warm when the sun is out.


Today it was cloudy and cool and a few passing showers.  The booties were just the thing to put on in my camper lounging around laying on my bench watching live news feeds.  

Above I have the right foot twisted to show that the booties have a lightweight rubber sole.  This is great as I can step out of my camper and go to the truck cab and back without changing back to shoes.




I bought my down booties from Amazon as shown above.  Great purchase and they come in a draw string bag and crush well for packing.

So if you get cold feet get some down boots but get ones that have a rubber sole to prevent damage to boot.

Roxy also discusses down pants in her blog - I too have them and will discuss in a separate blog post.  

By the way, the down booties are great for cold feet around the house too.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment