Saturday, March 21, 2020

What’s Behind Dance Hall Rock

I’ve been to Dance Hall Rock before and here is my post.  http://macaloney.blogspot.com/2017/03/dance-hall-rock-grand-staircase.html?m=1

My blog back in 2027 was focused on the rock and the history of the Mormon travelers.

What I didn’t share in my prior post was what is behind Dance Hall Rock.



I’m looking at the back side of Dance Hall Rock from the hills behind.  There are some sandstone hills to explore.



When you climb you find the fun part of exploring, and that is water pockets.  I have written about other water pockets in the past,and these pockets are good as they get.

Some are cascading as in the picture above.



Some are hard to find but climbing will get you there.



Some have water and some are dry.



Some are deep like the one above.  Don’t fall in as you can’t get out by yourself.



Others are wide and have plants growing. Water finds it way out by draining into the sand.



Another thing you get by exploring behind Dance Hall Rock is some great views.



A bit further out behind Dance Hall Rock are side pockets.



If your up to it ,climb the sandstone and get a friend take a picture.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment