Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Sarasota Trail/s - Bobcat Ridge Hike



I look forward to the sun and warm temperatures in AZ.  One of my enjoyments is hiking and I wanted a hike that wasn’t an all day event.  I needed to stock up on groceries and put them away in the afternoon.  I did this hike on Bobcat Ridge last year and it is a great overall hike for exercise and beauty.

It starts at the Sarasota Trailhead at the back side of a housing development.  



The hike is along the side of a mountain and then up the ridge and along the ridge until you decline on the other end to return.

The lush green desert is beautiful and the Chola Cactus are beautiful but a pain when you step in them or they get attached to you, so keep your distance.



Above are my hike stats.  Again this is not a huge hike but it is great exercise for me having not had much over the holidays.



Lastly the ridge offers views east and west, and as you can see from the picture above you are at some elevation during your time on the ridge.  There are plenty of places to stop and have a break or a snack.

Just a great hike.  Off to the store to take on groceries.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment