Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The World’s Tallest Thermometer










While planning my recent visit to Death Valley National Park, I chose the way in from the South leaving I40 in the small town of Baker, California.

As noted in the Google Map snapshot above I am told this is the town of the largest Thermometer in the world.



As I drove into town from the east, I could make out the pole that I thought was the thermometer in the distance.



As I got closer I could see the readout and it said 57 degrees.

I have a few blog followers that like me pointing oddities.  I don’t search for them but when it’s presented to me I’m willing to add it.

It does classify as an oddity to me but I didn’t feel the wow factor.  Possibly you will when you see it some day.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment