Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Disc Golf - A Pleasant Activity On The Road

My oldest son got me started with disc golf many years ago now and I’m so glad he did.  This is a perfect activity for vandwelling as it takes up so little room.  

This is my 9th year on the road for winter travels, and disc golf is my go to activity, along with hiking and seeing the wonders that are out there.

Here in Quartzsite, AZ there are two courses and this one that I’m playing near the town park has migrated from hand-made baskets out of wash drums to professional baskets and from 9 holes to include a return 9 holes using the same baskets for 18 holes.



Above is a picture of a new basket 



Course hazards including out of bounds over fences, and rattle snakes, as this sign indicates.  Although I didn’t see any snakes , I also don’t put my hand into and under bushes to retrieve my discs.  A hiking pole makes a good stick to
Flip your disc out.


Here I am, one of a few pictures I share of myself.  

PS.  After my fall and dislocated shoulder 2 years ago that got me playing left handed, I am fully recovered and still practice left handed throwing.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment