Monday, March 28, 2022

Protecting My Engel Compressor Fridge From Heat

It was hot in southern inland Texas south of Lorado, along the Reo Grand River..  So hot the temperature in the shade reached 98 degrees.


When the temperature gets above 80 degrees I usually put my reflectix wrap I designed for my Engel fridge.  It’s simple and holds itself in place.



When the temperatures get above 90 degrees I add additional insulation to the reflectix on 3-sides of the fridge.  In this case I took my fleece sleeping bag liner and added it to the wrapping.  I also put a foam pillow on top of that.


Also when it gets above 90 I turn on my USB fan and direct the flow on the back side of the fridge blowing air up into the condenser coil fins.  This 4th side of a compressor fridge must be kept open to dissipate heat and the fan helps do this, even if the temperature is 90 or above.

Any help you can give your compressor fridge by insulating it even at night before it’s hot will help.  Also, keep direct sunlight off the fridge.

The Engel did well in the heat this way rising from 31 degrees as my overnight temperature in it to 33 degrees at the peak heat of the day.

These tips on insulating and blowing air up over the coils will help your compressor fridge from working as hard as it would without doing this.

I hope this helps. Keep your compressor fridge happy

Brent


macaloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment