Thursday, March 24, 2022

Helping My Friends On The Road This Year.


Picture of my Tacoma and FWC camper.  I carry some tools and parts to help friends

I enjoy helping my Vandweller friends for a number of reasons.  

- It fills my desire to help others.  When I left the Fire Service as Fire Chief, I was left with a void.

- It puts me with my friends in a quality time way. Yes you can sit and talk around a campfire, that alone doesn’t get you into interesting conversations or casual banter.

- I’m an engineer and one thing engineers like to do is figure out how things work.  With my engineering education, work history, and experience fixing things I have a lot of knowledge to share.

- I like the gratification I get from what I do.

- Helping others keeps me in an active learning mode.

This year I have addressed the following problems.

- lube door locks
- replace vehicle door window motor.
- added power switch to 12 volt power circuit owner had installed from engine 
- replace fantastic fan and control parts to give a full remote control roof fan.
- reconnected door speaker wires.
- hooked up rear camera to brake circuit for automatic operation.


Above is the finished fantastic fan upgrade.  Fan did not work, rain sensor was broken.  The new one had all those features and now Vandweller has a remote control of fan.

I upgraded my fantastic fan in my FWC with temperature control when I first got the camper.  Later I installed a PWM (pulse-width modulator) to control the speed of the fan.
If interested in my upgrade you can see it here: http://macaloney.blogspot.com/2018/09/?m=1


Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment