Friday, January 8, 2021

Oh No! Will The Camper Fit On New Tacoma?



I did research if my Four Wheel Camper (FWC) Fleet Model will fit in my new Tacoma.  The width and length are identical from 2011 2nd Generation Tacoma to the 2021 3rd Generation Tacoma.



The problem is that the truck bed walls on the 2021 are 19” vertical and the 2011 is 18”


(Camper hold down bars above)

Normally I have about a 1/2” space between the bed rail and the camper that overhangs the sides, with the camper sitting on the 1/2” tie down bars (shown above)

I called FWC and asked and they said I could build up the bottom of the camper by 3/4” or get a rubber stall mat that is 3/4” thick and it also keeps the camper from sliding around.


(Stall mat (3/4”) cut to fit the truck bed)

I got the stall mat from Tractor supply for about $60.00, but it needed to be cut to meet the dimensions of the truck bed.  I used a paint pen to mark out the cuts and cut the rubber with a utility knife.



There is the finished product ready for the day I get to put the camper on for my 2021 Travels.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com





4 comments:

  1. It looks like you're ready Brent! I'm glad the fix was a simple one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob, It was good to have a straightforward fix with the stall mat. The only things that it adds weight to my truck that I rather not have.

      Brent

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a fix, that stall mat should make good insulation too !!! And will definitely help keep the camper in place, congratulations on your new truck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David,

      I was lamenting the extra weightbof the mat and never thought of the advantage it gives for insulation. Thanks for the positive view of it.

      Brent

      Delete