Monday, January 11, 2021

Getting Tacoma 12V Power To Camper



In order to trade in my 2011 Tacoma, I needed to remove the camper wiring from the truck battery to the truck bed and reinstall it in my 2021 Tacoma.  Above are the parts I removed from my 2011.  Note the aluminum plate I had the components tied to.  This plate was mounted to the drivers side fender.  I used two bolt holes in the fender to hold the aluminum plate.


I was happy to find that someone else had figured a way to mount parts in the 2021 engine.  Above photo is a picture of the aluminum bracket that sits horizontally between the fuse box and the brake reservoir.




Photo of brackets new (right) and old (right)



Here is the photo of the new panel mount with a new 40 amp breaker to my isolator (prevents power from battery unless engine is supplying power). It has a nice clean look and uses mounting holes on fender and mounting screws for brake lines.

It’s tight space between the fuse box cover and brake reservoir.



My cable to the truck bed for the camper is in the picture above, showing a trolling motor weather connection.  I have 8 ga. copper wire, both red and black from the engine.  I chose this method to limit loss in chassis ground. 

The tolling motor connector required me to drill a hole in my new truck bed.  The cables are in a plastic loom from the engine down under the chassis to the back.  All secured with tie wraps.

It is a good setup and ready for camper mounting.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment