Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Best Deal In San Diego - Updated



I travel to San Diego to visit family during my travels. It’s not cost effective for vandwellers on tight budgets. I get gas in Yuma and can get to San Diego but then I must pay the $3.78 a gallon for gasoline.  This adds up quickly as I drive all over.

While getting ready to head to 29 Palms on the way back to AZ,  I stopped in a Sprouts Market and saw water was more here in San Diego by $.05 than Quartzsite.

So this was not the best deal in town.



I went to Costco and stopped in for the best deal in town on their menu.  



Yes. The best deal in town is the 1/4 lb hotdog with fountain drink for $1.50.  

There are not many Costco’s in the New England area, and the ones that do have their fast food counter inside.

Here in San Diego the two Costco’s I know have their food offerings outside for anyone to stop by and enjoy.

Kind of made up for the high price of gasoline there.

Happy travels,

Brent

PS - Costco announces that membership will be required to eat at outdoor food courts in near future.




Above is a screen capture of a Google search

2 comments:

  1. you can add Calif. to your "States Visited" map :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a Costco lunch counter outside, something new to find!

    ReplyDelete