Thursday, February 6, 2020

Mt. Ryan Hike - Joshua Tree NP



(AllTrails screen capture.)

My CA son invited me to 29 Palms where he works at the Marine base.

The rest of the family came up from San Diego for the weekend too. So, daughter-in-law, and 2 granddaughters, son and I went for a hike Sunday morning in Joshua Tree National Park.

Above is my hike stats.  3 miles and over 1000 ft elevation is in the realm of a predict exercise hike for me.  That includes the amount of time to hike, calories burned, and cardiovascular exercise.



(AllTrails screen capture.)

I’ve been to Joshua Tree a number of times but have never hiked Ryan Mountain.  Mostly because the parking lot fills early.  The sign as you enter the National Park says that parking lots fill by 10:00 am.

If you want to hike in Joshua Tree plan to arrive early.



The hike up Ryan Mountain is generally gradual with just a few spots with steeper spots but overall an easy trail on a well maintained trail, as seen above.



When you get to the top of the mountain the views are wonderful to see the park in a 360 degree view.



Here is my artistic picture from the hike.  I like it when I can frame the photo with plants like these, and get foreground, mid ground, and distance in one photo.

It was worth the hike to just get this photo.

This was my first hike I carried my backpack and I had no problem with pain in my shoulder.  It still feels sore at times but the hike didn’t aggravate it.

Happy hiking,

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment