Thursday, February 6, 2020

Ambidextrous Disc Golf?



It’s been over 2.5 weeks since I so gracefully tripped, fell forward, put my arms out and dislocated my right shoulder.

The shoulder and arm are still sore to painful at times.  It is most difficult at night trying to find a position of comfort.  

I’ve been able to do some hiking but I must be careful not to trip again, but my other travel interest is Disc Golf.

Since I’m right handed (throwing hand) and I tried it today and I can’t play as I would have as it hurts.  Today was a perfect time to overcome my problem and get out and play again so I’ve started playing with my left hand.  

I can throw backhand and forehand with my right hand.  Today, as you will see in the picture, I’m practicing backhand with left hand.

The results were better than I expected and I was able to play with a friend.  It was a nice weather day and I was happy to be on the course here in Quartzsite again.

While I’m convalescing my right arm, I will now be building strength and technique in my left hand.

It will be interesting to be a bit more ambidextrous to help my game.  

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment