Thursday, June 6, 2019

Teabags To Make Your Own Tea On The Road



From my most recent posts you know I like iced tea, well ambiant tea when vandwelling.  You know my method of buying bulk herbal tea from Amazon.  Your up to speed on the 64 Oz. Yeti insulated container that I got as a gift and use as my tea drink storage.

I don’t usually steep my tea on the road.  My method of maki g tea is to soak my bulk tea in the teabags in the picture above.  These teabags were an Amazon purchase that gives me the opportunity to get the most out of the tea.



I put a good size pinch of herbal tea using all my fingers and drop it in the bag.  I then tie the drawstrings and drop the bag into the Yeti in the evening and I have my tea for the morning.

The tea absorbs the water so what you put in the bag will expand, so don’t fill the bag.  1/2 a bag is plenty of tea for my taste in 64 oz. of water.

What I like best is that I don’t need ice.  I don’t need to perk, although it works faster if you hear the water, but then you have hot tea.  Hot tea isn’t a bad thing on those colder Utah March mornings.

If I want tea quicker than overnight I do heat the 64 oz. of water in my 3 qt. pot on my butane single burner stove, and put into the Yeti with the teabag of herbal tea.  Since the bag floats I turn the Yeti upside down a few time to mix the tea.  

Regardless of hot or cold a good pinch of the teabag before removing it from the Yeti gets you more flavor.

The bottom line it’s simple for me and doesn’t take up much room while small vehicle living.

Happy tea drinking.

Brent

Brenton MacAloney

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment